Notes App - everytime I backup it deletes my notes & does not back them up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AF330i, Apr 1, 2011.

1. AF330i macrumors newbie

I use the 'Notes' app alot and everytime I back up my phone or upgrade it deletes my note's ...

Also it does not back up my notes either ...

I have tried to find my notes on my Macbook pro as I always at first see the notes in my Inbox under my emails, the weird thing is once you delete those notes they are Permanently gone.

They are not in the trash and no where to be found on my computer.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yes, if you delete the notes, they are deleted..:rolleyes:If you don't want them in your inbox, you can easily change that in the Mac mail. app preferences.

Attached Files:

3. AF330i thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is when i delete them from my inbox all of my emails go to the 'trash' folder which I have set to never delete ... meanwhile they are not in the trash folder either.

My main problem really is that I like to keep the notes on my phone and when I do the back up for some reason they all get deleted from the actual phone itself.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you stop them from appearing in your inbox, they will appear in a folder called "notes" located in the Reminders folder in mail. If you read my first post, I told you how to change that...

Attached Files:

5. AF330i thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply ... I will change that setting.

I appreciate your help.