Notes App in OSX El Cap 10.11.2 sort alphabetically

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by dmj102, Nov 11, 2015.

1. dmj102 macrumors 6502

Can someone please check for me to see if Apple has put back sorting notes alphabetically in OSX 10.11.2 beta.

2. rmeulen macrumors member

rmeulen

I cannot find a sort option in Notes in 10.11.2 Developer Beta 3. It automatically puts the note with latest changes to the top.

3. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i wish it could do that; have even tried other apps (like 'purple notes') that have that option. i can't understand why apple won't give us that as a choice, but...so it goes. annoying as hell...

4. dmj102 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks rmeulen for checking.

Typical Apple with stock app features, one step forward (wow, look at this!), and two steps backs (sorry, you can't sort Notes alphabetically; or view what's in Desktop Spaces thumbnails with a 4-finger swipe up anymore....haha on you).

I can't help it, I really want to be able to put some notes at the top like I was able to do so in Yosemite. If I change a particularly sensitive note, it remains at the top and then I have to go into other notes to bring them up to hide that particular note. Or you may want one note at the top for fast access.

Holy, it's such a basic feature.

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

it's ridiculous really. & i agree, a basic need, not asking for something esoteric...