Notes app that syncs with mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ihattwick, Aug 13, 2008.

1. ihattwick macrumors newbie

Barely a week after deciding to use my touch to take notes during business meetings, track payments, etc using apple's notes app- my ipod crashed and is being replaced by the apple store. Which essentially means I don't have an ipod for the next week. Which AFAIK means I can't access the notes I have made and backed up.

Is there any way to read notes made on a touch on your computer without the touch connected? And if there isn't, is there an app that will allow you to sync notes between a computer and ipod?

2. thebeesknees macrumors regular

For two dollars, there is an app called MobileFinder. You can create text files, and use it to store files. It can also edit text files synced from the desktop. To put files back and forth, you use FTP.

It's a nice app, and one I suggest you use.

3. ihattwick thread starter macrumors newbie

Mobilefinder looks ok, but it doesn't automatically sync with the computer. Can you create a new text file in mobilefinder? That is pretty important. Otherwise there might be too many workarounds to have to deal with. Also, manually transferring files via ftp feels a bit clunky.

Any other suggestions?

4. thebeesknees macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

Yeah, you can make new files.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

mail.app is supposed to be able to do that, but it was silently dropped when 10.5 came out. It's probably somewhere (low) on their to do list. I really doubt that they'll make iPhone note syncing compatible with mac os until they can do the same with windows, which probably won't happen.

6. owner132 macrumors newbie

Put evernote on your touch and get evernote on your computer. Everytime you make a note in evernote when you get wifi connected it instantly uploads it to your evernote account. Then you can access it from any computer you want. I highly recommend it.

7. chanatown macrumors member

I couldn't agree more. I just discovered Evernote, and heart it!

http://chanatown.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/evernote-iphone-app-review/