Notes app that works across OS X, iOS & watchOS?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gameboy70, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Gameboy70 macrumors 6502

First of all: What happened to the Watch Apps subforum?

Main question: Is there a notes app where I can save notes on the iPhone or Mac, and view them on the Watch?

Evernote is one option, but I'd rather use a plain text app. Drafts is great for iOS, but the developer has no interest in making a Mac version. Any other ideas?

2. CellXor10 macrumors regular

3. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

As much as I hate Microsoft, the OneNote app seems to be doing the job for me for the time being until Apple gets their act together and makes the native Notes app available on the watch.

What I hated about Evernote was the fact that changes made on any device did not sync together, but I always had conflicting changes which drove me crazy. OneNote at least seems to solve this so this works for now, although it is overly complicated for such a simple need so it will be getting deleted once something else comes along.

4. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I use Evernote and love it, run my work and personal life out of it. Don't use it a ton on the watch but its given me what I need when I need it.

5. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

I am looking forward to the new notes app forthcoming in OSX 10.11 and iOS 9. It will be a replacement for Evernote for me, I use about 10% of Evernotes capabilities so the new Notes app should work well.

For the OP, if they extend that new Notes app to watchOS then I would recommend that. Doesn't help you now though, and may not come to the watch for some time.

6. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Just another vote for OneNote. Works great so far.

7. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502