Notes App (Unreliable updating across devices)

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by angelus512, Oct 27, 2013.

1. angelus512 macrumors member

I hope at least a few people have this issue. Since updating to Mavericks I've found the notes app is totally non-reliable.

I usually have ONE note and its reserved for remembering certain things like my door access code to home, random key things. Those are static.

The rest of the note is reserved for writting down groceries or stuff I need to buy that changes daily so I don't forget. When an idea comes to me I whip out notes and write it down.

Until mavericks it would update flawlessly across all devices. Update on any and all are updated in turn.

Now I update something *anything* on my rMBP or any device and it creates a totally new note for it every single time upon syncing.

So say I simply add "rice" then the original note stays the same without rice, it will then create a 2nd note on the devices the same as the original but with "rice" added. And so on and so forth.

I should note the "mother note" is on the rMBP and it always stays the same and updates. But on the associated devices like iPhone, iPad etc it creates new notes.

I've tried wiping all notes and starting from scratch but it just happens again.

2. Princejb134 macrumors member

3. ben074 macrumors newbie

Yes, the Apple notes is unreliable

It is too bad. Apple iCloud service for Notes is totally failed, and it seems there is no one care about this in Apple.

4. Eithanius macrumors 65816

You know, I have no such issue with Notes on Mountain Lion (yet), but for Mavericks...? :confused:

Imagine Apple forced its users to rely solely on iCloud on Mavericks by taking off the sync feature from iTunes, and yet with these sync bugs on over-the-cloud sync, they are testaments of iClouds unreliability. What the heck is Apple thinking...? I guess they need another sounding from SJ from his grave just like the MobileMe debacle... :mad:

Angelus512, please feedback Apple...

5. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

hmm good to see others have experienced this as well. It happens to me occasionally, not always.

6. guitarman777 macrumors regular

guitarman777

I've noticed this as well. It's "selective" syncing, and I can't seem to find any pattern. At least I only use notes in two places, and it's usually just my iPhone.

7. cerberusss macrumors 6502a

cerberusss

I rely on SimpleNote for this stuff. It came out on iOS first but there is an official Mac client now as well. It's not perfect yet but they're updating it at a pretty quick pace.

8. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Just to add a "me three."

Notes sync seemed more reliable pre-Mavericks (with Lion Mail and iOS 7). Too bad. I get duplicate notes and lost changes/additions, among my Macs, iPhone and iPad.

I'll give it another shot once Yosemite and iOS 8 are out. It's a nice idea if it worked! :eek: