Notes are all gone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sparingtennies, Aug 31, 2015.

1. sparingtennies macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I'm really at a complete loss and absolutely frustrated right now.

My notes on my iPhone 6+ were not synced to my Gmail accounts. I had switched off my Gmail accounts and turned it back on because the notes kept duplicating themselves, and now, they're all gone. I counted on Apple to sync my notes to my Gmail account, as it always does, and now I've lost a month worth of story ideas. I'm a writer and I make a living off writing short stories, so I stored most of it in my notes since inspiration just strikes any time.

Please, please, is there any way to get them back? I'm so, absolutely vexed right now. I don't understand why in the world my notes were not synced. I used Dr. Fone but it couldn't get back much.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

2. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

Normally a backup won't contain notes that are synced to an email account, but if you switched off your Gmail account and elected to keep the notes on the iPhone, and then did a backup, you should be able to recover them from that backup. Does that sound like a possible scenario for you?