"Notes" crashing on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jjprusk, Jun 23, 2009.

1. jjprusk macrumors member

I restored to a 3GS from a 3G and everything appeared to be working ok. However, the Notes app is acting strangely - it will crash when trying to add a note. It also doesn't see the correct notes as they were stored. I did a restore
    and sync, but it didn't seem to change anything. Has anyone else seen this issue and/or found a fix?

2. Panda-san macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue, that's why I registered. I had the original iPhone, and Notes was one of my favorite features. I got the 3GS yesterday, restored from my old iPhone, and later in the day noticed that Notes wasn't working right.

Yesterday, i could open old notes to read them, but trying to add a new one, or delete an old one caused the program to crash. I went by the Apple store today and they told me it was just a bad install, and to backup the phone again and then do a restore. I did this about 20 minutes ago, and the problem got worse. Now, just trying to open an old note (I have 9 of them saved) causes the program to crash.

Like the OP asked, does anyone know of a fix for this?

3. igotgame1075 macrumors member

igotgame1075

Im having this same problem now too. It originally started on my 2g. I backed up and restored it. Then when i got my 3gs, i restored from the same backup and it is still crashing everytime i try to add a new note.