Notes disappearing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spinedoc77, Sep 3, 2010.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Weird problem here, my Notes application cannot find the notes I've written, it's like they were auto-deleted. The first time it happened I thought maybe I exited without pressing done, thinking maybe that saves it. But it's happened to me several times. I write a note, press done, exit out of the program. Open up the program and the note is still there, but after a day or 2 it's just completely gone. I'm not even syncing it or anything. This is on a ip4 with 4.02 and no JB.

2. fcamara macrumors newbie

3. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

The whole point of notes is so I don't foget chit!! This drives me nuts! I write stuff down in notes and it vanishes! But it vanishes after everything looks fine, u close the app, check on it, it's still there. Then at some unsuspecting time it disappears. Especially when editing a note.

iPhone 4 on 4.0.1, I originally thought that this was associated w having yahoo sync turned on for notes that it wasn't syncing properly.

4. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

if a note you wrote has disappeared then you synced it "over the air"....there is no other explanation UNLESS you restored from a prior back up before syncing with iTunes

5. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Negative, it's a bug.
    If u edit a note the app should know and overwrite the one on the server side, just like exchange sync. That's assuming this is related to yahoo which it's not confirmed yet.

6. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

if it's a bug it's one that I don't have...I experienced disappering notes until I turned off note syncing in my email settings

7. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Argh, Figured. problem is if I turn off the sync... I lose all my notes. Either way we're screwed ;)

8. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Yep I was syncing with my hotmail account. I still don't understand why they just vanish instead of being "synced" ie: saved to both places.