Notes - Has it now become your 'go to' app?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by miniroll32, Jul 31, 2015.

1. miniroll32 macrumors 6502a

miniroll32

I have to say, I'm quite pleased with how the new Notes app has turned out.

Having been an avid Evernote user for a number of years, I was impressed enough to export some of these notes as a test to the new app, and so far so good. Syncing is far better than the previous service and I love the new features; they're handy for both work and leisure.

So I'm now considering just moving the rest over and be done with Evernote. Is anyone else in the same predicament? Would love to hear your experiences so far. Some improvements I'd like to see:

- Collapsable folders on iOS version
    - Drawing input on OS X version.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Unfortunately those two features are not available in the platform you specify.

And I would prefer using OneNote since I have a full 365, although iPhone version doesn't include handwriting feature.

3. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i've always used Notes. the only thing i can't stand: not being able to keep my notes in alphabetical order (on my mac, and the iphone). seems this could, at least, be an option...

4. KALLT macrumors 601

I use Evernote extensively to save web clips and webpages, but this is something Notes doesn’t support at all. It’s easy to just save something in Evernote while you’re browsing the web and it’s fully indexed locally. I also find the text formatting options too limited, in particular I miss an option to remove text formatting and to covert text into monospaced text. I also would like to have some basic support for tables. Evernote doesn’t do all that much either in comparison to OneNote, but it clearly has the edge over Notes.

5. anp27 macrumors regular

Sadly, not yet. I love Evernote's Notebooks and hope to see something similar in the Notes app.

6. LittleGreyMan macrumors newbie

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Nope. I'm an Evernote user and I'm sticking to it.

8. KALLT macrumors 601

Can’t you just use folders?

9. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Until Notes allows you to save PDFs, I'm sticking with Evernote.

10. dsemf macrumors regular

Do you mean export as PDF?

export as pdf.png

DS

11. AFEPPL macrumors 68020

AFEPPL

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Or use Print to save a PDF like you've been able to for anything you can print in OS X since the beginning.

As far as the topic's question, Yes. I was using Evernote but I really can't stand it. Too many options in my face. I like Notes clean look. I would like to be able to sort alphabetically or by drag and drop.