notes in contacts?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fishcube, Oct 5, 2007.

1. fishcube macrumors 6502

I'm creating a note in contacts and its a pretty big file about 47KB. I'm doing this by hand. Now If something happens to ipod and I have to redownload everything, how do I keep this contact?

Will it sync to yahoo address book? Will I be able to sync it back onto the touch?

2. jepaz macrumors regular

Looking at the iTunes info tab, it is one way syncing only which is going to the touch.

3. fishcube thread starter macrumors 6502

So, once I create a contact on the touch I can't save it anywhere? so if I lose the data on the touch I can't get back the contacts I created on it?

4. fishcube thread starter macrumors 6502

I just went into my yahoo address book and all the contacts I added to touch show up on the yahoo side. But, I noticed the one contact I made that is the longer file, didn't show all the txt I entered? reason?

I also found out that notes field is only so long. It stops showing content on main page even though you can still edit and add more info. It just doesn't show up on the main page :( bummer Now I have to break up my notes...

I want a real note application!

5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

EDIT- Actually, it appears on Mac the complete text does get synced over. I thought it got cut off, then I realized I had saved the note text on my Mac, and started over with a new note.

Is there a limit to amount of text in the Yahoo address book? I wonder if that's why your notes are being truncated.

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

On a side note, I can't believe you entered 47kb of text on an iPod Touch. That would be some kind of record for masochism. ;)

I can almost guarantee that if your note text is really that long, the note field in Yahoo Address book can't hold that much text.

7. fishcube thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, there is a limit in yahoo but it stops at a different point, then where it stops on the touch. So, I don't believe it has anything to do with both together.

There just seems to be a limit to how big the txt is on the contact notes section.

8. fishcube thread starter macrumors 6502

I said I'm in the process of adding one that size. But, evidentally I won't be able to as one note. So, I'm going to break it up into several different contacts. I'm entering a checklist, and will break it into alphabetically since I need to find an item that way.

I know yahoo address book can't hold that size since I tried the amount I have done now and it only accepted like 30 lines (of about 12 characters each).