Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
Can anyone tell me if there are any improvements to the Notes app in iOS 7? I know much of the skeuomorphism is gone, but I'm really curious if you can add images to notes yet.

Phanatic

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
NC
Nope no functionality for pasting images or inserting images into notes. The functionality is pretty much the same as ios6, the only difference is the 'modern' design. AKA flashy colors.

Bonestle

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
Darwin
I do find it strange that there hasn't been more of an update to Notes to align it more with its OS X counterpart. It makes the iCloud syncing feature (which I do use quite a bit between my iPhone and iPad) seem a little pointless. To that end, I never put images etc in the OS X version - what's the point?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I do find it strange that there hasn't been more of an update to Notes to align it more with its OS X counterpart. It makes the iCloud syncing feature (which I do use quite a bit between my iPhone and iPad) seem a little pointless. To that end, I never put images etc in the OS X version - what's the point?

What does happen if you put images in OS X? Does it not sync? Show up as blank space?

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
. . . 'modern' design. AKA flashy colors.

I don't like the yellowy coloured hyperlinks in the new notes.

Would like an option to change that.

Also it's interesting to see some skeuomorphism remains with a slight texture to the "paper".

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
What does happen if you put images in OS X? Does it not sync? Show up as blank space?

Fun paper clip icons. It's like Clippy was resurrected to say, "It looks like you're trying to view a note you made in OS X."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 98

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
The lack of functionality is definitely a killer. I don't even use it anymore, and just use Evernote instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.