Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Lately I've been having an issue with Notes, evey time it's opened it goes to the same note, when it should be going to the main page. Every so often it keeps going to the different note as well. And sometimes it will actually open to the main page. Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: jpn

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Lately I've been having an issue with Notes, evey time it's opened it goes to the same note, when it should be going to the main page. Every so often it keeps going to the different note as well. And sometimes it will actually open to the main page. Anyone else have this issue?

yes you are right in that the folder/note that Notes defaults to has changed.

if you have created any Folders, it currently defaults to the last folder you had saved yr last note to.
if you deleted all your notes from the Deleted Notes folder it even defaults to the Deleted Notes folder even if there are no more notes in the Deleted Notes folder.

all that being said, i like the current behavior where it does default to the last actively used folder.
but if your constantly using Notes for a lot of different kinds of recording/viewing then its not so good of a default action to be sure.

i think it changed with the last point update.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
if you have created any Folders, it currently defaults to the last folder you had saved yr last note to.

This is not what is happing with mine. Doesn't seem to matter what note I saved and then close Notes. Sometimes it defaults to the main Notes page and other times it the same note over and over again, doesn't matter what note page I close or save the App at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.