Notes issues...

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by fisherking, Jul 24, 2015.

1. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

anyone figured this out? i use a lot of abbreviations, nicknames, etc in Notes. and seems, every time i reopen the app, "Check spelling while typing" is back on...i get those red underlines, under a LOT of my words.

while i'm at it, wish i could list my note alphabetically; i hate not having that option (am tired of notes moving around by usage).

anyone?

2. You are the One macrumors 6502a

You are the One

In Notes (and most apps) Edit->Spelling and Grammar. Set accoring to your choice. Hope that helps.

You might need to select a note and place your cursor in the text field.

3. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

yeah, i'm doing that...sometimes several times a day. then it reverts to checked...

4. fisherking, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015

fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

on another note (pun intended), i just noticed that i cannot make a NEW note, that that option is greyed out in the menu. i rebooted...same problem. will file a report. but..anyone else? any ideas???

EDIT: fwiw, i CAN click on the 'new note' icon in the toolbar, so at least i can work...

5. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Order Automatic change through usage is, uh, not the way I prefer, but I could live with it.

6. dsemf macrumors regular

I also have the new note problem, report submitted. Another submitted problem is that randomly the "On My Mac" folders are not displayed. To see them I create a new cloud folder.

DS