Notes no longer syncing.

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by rm2092, Sep 26, 2015.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Not sure what went wrong here but I have not made any changes on my Mac that is running the current software but my Notes app on my Mac are longer syncing with iCloud or my iPhone and iPad. All other devises work just fine when creating notes on them. So what happen with my Mac, like I said I have not made and changes in any settings.

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

You upgraded to iOS9. You have to wait for El Capitan to get your Mac along.

3. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

You know I was wondering about iOS9, I did notice the problem after that update so whats new with El Capitan to effect notes not syncing ?

4. chrfr macrumors 603

The new Notes is significantly more capable. Scroll down this page to see the additions: http://www.apple.com/osx/elcapitan-preview/

5. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

Unfortunately I can't upgrade to El Capitan because I'm using a work computer.

I have tons of notes that I've made on the work computer and I need them synced with notes on my home computer running El Capitan and my phone running iOS9.
    is there a workaround for this, or should I resort to syncing new notes with my google account instead?

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

You can use iCloud.com, otherwise you need another app. I personally use Evernote for it.