Notes not syncing

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by xaml, Sep 12, 2016.

1. xaml macrumors newbie

xaml

Updated to GM release on ipad and iphone 6s+. Notes do not sync to icloud. turned off notes sync and restarted both devices. Thanks
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    turning sync back on in Icloud settings starts to eat storage. tests show storage running down to zero from 20GB free with notes trying to sync to icloud.

2. unr1 macrumors regular

I was going to suggest restarting your devices but you already tried that.
    I was trying to collaborate a note last night and it wasn't syncing between us. But I toggled iCloud and we restarted both devices and it started syncing.

Sorry you're having trouble. I hope you or somebody else can figure out a solution.

3. xaml thread starter macrumors newbie

xaml

Thanks. no luck yet. Took the Ipad into a genius bar appointment. After the genius strangely just "googled the questions how many notes can IOS handle" ( I am not joking). Apple decided to push the issue to "Engineering". Its been 3 business days now and no response from anyone at Apple.

4. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

you maybe have tried this but try looking at notes with the attachments view to see if you didn't accidently drag a large file in there.

5. xaml thread starter macrumors newbie

xaml

Thanks. I have a maybe 10 photos amongest all my notes listed as attacments.