Notes on iPhone disappeared.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sony007, Dec 29, 2013.

1. sony007 macrumors member

Is there any way to retrieve notes that I had on my iPhone which were not back up with iCloud and the last backup on iTunes is showing 1 day ago but for some reason all the notes are gone. I've done a full restore now hoping that I would get more restore options but no:mad:

What I was trying to do is copy everything from my IP4 to my new IP5s, everything else transferred ok except my notes. I then tried to sync my IP4 again with iTunes but for some reason on this occasion all the notes disappeared with no plausible way of retrieving them back.

Is there any software I can get for my phone/pc/mac to restore my notes as most things tend to still be available to restore....if you now how - or have they all gone for good?

2. Ronin317 macrumors newbie

I had a similar issue back when I had to have my 4S replaced. Couple of tips...
    - If you have a GMail as your primary email on the phone, the notes are saved to that. So make sure you put that account info back into the phone, and voila, the notes will show back up (this is what happened to me - and it may be that way with other email providers, too.)
    - In the future, be sure you're doing an encrypted, password protected backup to iTunes when you do it. This way, it saves all accounts and passwords. When I moved to my 5S, all my notes were there immediately because all my account info was there, due to the encrypted backup.