Notes- Possible to Remove Checked Items?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by sheetrock321, Oct 18, 2015.

1. sheetrock321 macrumors member

sheetrock321

I like Reminders because when you check off an item, it gets removed or archived.

Does the new Notes have this capability?

I've scoured the web with no answers :(

2. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

I believe you can only delete the note when finished, you can add check boxes to text within the notes, but basically when complete you can either keep it or delete it.

3. sheetrock321 thread starter macrumors member

sheetrock321

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Pity. I really like having the items "go away." For example, at the grocery store, check things off, then refresh and only items I haven't got yet are left.

4. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Yeah that would great, there are plenty of shopping apps that have that feature, I use "buy me a pie" - it can be set up with a list for each store as a separate list and the checked off items go dim and to the bottom - but items can be retrieved / reset for the next shopping trip with a single click to put them on the list again.

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Reminders actually did that too. Just create Shopping Lists to the lists.

6. sheetrock321 thread starter macrumors member

sheetrock321

Ok, thanks. I checked it out a bit, seems a possibility. I like the color coding and having it desktop accessible.

Correct, but I was hoping Notes did it, as it's more robust, plus you can copy and paste, whereas Reminders, you have to copy and paste one item at a time. Annoying! Plus exporting a list is in ".ics" format.

Make Me a Pie could be the key to my happiness, haha. We'll see, maybe I'll check out some other similar apps. Ah, first world problems.