Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marlonapp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2015
Let's say I don't want to upgrade to El Capitan just yet (I have to wait until certain apps I use are compatible), does that mean I can't sync notes b/w my iPhone and Mac until I upgrade? I'm aware that I can log into iCloud on Safari and do it that way, but it was always convenient to have the app and not need to open the browser and log in, etc.

abrahamw88

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2012
Rochester, NY
Let's say I don't want to upgrade to El Capitan just yet (I have to wait until certain apps I use are compatible), does that mean I can't sync notes b/w my iPhone and Mac until I upgrade? I'm aware that I can log into iCloud on Safari and do it that way, but it was always convenient to have the app and not need to open the browser and log in, etc.
You are correct. Your notes have the option to be "upgraded" in iOS 9 causing incompatibility with 10.10. At least that was the case in all the betas.

marlonapp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2015
You are correct. Your notes have the option to be "upgraded" in iOS 9 causing incompatibility with 10.10. At least that was the case in all the betas.

I didn't see that option today when I went over to GM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.