Notes sync on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DotComCTO, Oct 3, 2007.

1. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

Anyone catch this bit of news/rumor/speculation on AppleInsider?

Interesting, if true...

:cool:

--DotComCTO

2. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

If you watch the Keynote on Leopard, there are features that are most certainly coming to the iPhone. Along with syncing the notes (using Mail.app) other features include a ToDo list. (finally) Of course this is speculation, but in my opinion it's as good as done.

3. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

4. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/features/mail.html
    "Much ado about to-dos.
    Forget manually entering a new item to your to-do list every time an email hits your inbox. Simply highlight text in an email, then click the To-do icon to create a to-do from a message. Include a due date, set an alarm, or assign priorities. Every to-do you create includes a link to the original email or note, and to-dos automatically appear in iCal, complete with any edits or additions you make. And since to-dos are stored with your email, you can access them from Mail on any Mac."

Well To Do is part of the same app they are using to show the Notes on.... (Done, Send, Attach, Fonts, Colors, To Do)

see pic:

Attached Files:

5. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Correct. That is Mail.app. They added those features to it in Leopard.

They show all those new features in the Keynote.

I can see all the iPhone owners being first in line to update to Leopard now. Pure marketing genius.

6. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Yeah and when you read what mail does in 10.5 besides what has been mentioned here you can see its coming to the phone (makes addresses into links that go to google maps, recognizes dates and phrases to make To Do's easy etc...)

Then look at iChat - it does... SMS forwarding... hmmm:)

Edit to add that Im speculating that Safari on the iPhone will allow you to make web-clippings as well and thus widgets.... it only makes sense :) And a RSS reader in Mail - hence the lack of one now...

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I agree that a major update will be coming with the release of leopard. This will include copy and paste for the to-dos. Cant wait for the next major update !! Still loving what i got right now though.

8. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

As time goes on a very well designed (and successful) business plan seem to be unfolding.
    Most people who complain about the iPhone complain from a limited need. (third party apps, 3g, price drop, limited carrier, bad service, etc.)
    But put it all together and we may glimpse one of the most successful development and marketing plans ever seen in the electronics world.

9. DotComCTO thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm also expecting a major release with Leopard. Given what I had seen at a Apple Dev conference a few months back, I can see some excellent/obvious integration points. Looking forward to 1.2!

:p

--DotComCTO

10. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Im also looking forward to a bug update or just an update to 1.1.1 that makes it a bit more fluent. Is it just me or when you double click to bring up the audio controls, the pause, skip song back or forward "buttons" are less responsive then any others.

11. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Where's the pre order button.

Really one of the only things I miss on my blackberry is that it handled notes and to dos very efficiently , and i was able to sync them with my mac.

I've been contemplating carrying around my blackberry without cell service just so that I can manage notes and to dos, but Id hate carrying around multiple devices. I hope Apple can make iPhone pull this off soon.