Notes Sync?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hNicolas, Apr 23, 2009.

1. hNicolas macrumors 6502

hNicolas

Does anyone know what iPhone notes syncs with on a Mac, other than mobile me sync with other iPhones and iPod touch?

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

There backed up in case you restore unless you actualley go in and drag them out or email them theres no other way to get them out.

3. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Notes on the iPhone doesn't sync with any other application on the Mac or otherwise, which is a limitation of the iPhone. The data are backed up in iTunes along with the rest of the stuff on your phone, but not in a form that would be useful to edit or transfer to another application.

For those reasons, I don't use the Notes application that came with the iPhone. There are several options for backed up notes-type applications in the App Store. The one I use is Notespark, which backs up to the "cloud" and thereby makes its data available from any web browser. It also allows you to share notes with other users. SplashNotes has a desktop application to sync with, if the cloud doesn't suit you. It's actually an outliner, so it is an advanced notes application. And there are other choices too.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

Being able to sync notes is a feature that it supposed to be in the iPhone v3.0 software that comes out later this summer.

It appears to go into Mail.app on the Mac.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/03/19/iphone-30-notes-sync-finally/