Notes Syncing Gone With MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fraggot, Sep 2, 2010.

1. fraggot macrumors 6502

I'm currently running the 4.1 GM and noticed when I restored my phone as a new phone and had to redo all my MobileMe stuff that Notes was no longer an option for syncing.

It was available in 4.02 if I remember correctly but now it's suddenly gone. Can anyone else confirm this? Or has it been missing for awhile and I just never noticed?

2. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I am still on 4.0.2, and notes syncing IS available.

3. jkish2 macrumors newbie

I have also noticed this on iOS 4.1. Submitted a Bug Reporter to Apple, only to be informed that this feature was removed in iOS 4.1 intentionally, though they have not responded when asked why. I wish someone would post an article about this, as it may draw enough attention that it's reinstated in iOS 4.2. :mad:

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I updated to 4.1 (not new install) and did not have to redo my MobileMe. I still have the option to sync Notes and it still works.

5. Stein357 macrumors 6502

6. Dualica macrumors member

Dualica

7. billypea macrumors newbie

I have ipod touch 2G - installing 4.1 deleted all my notes except those for one email account.

Better yet, I can not restore the missing notes, which I synced the minute before I upgraded, because syncing notes requires 10.5.7 or later. This has nothing to do with over the air sync.

So upgrading to 4.1 destroys your notes, destroys your ability to sync or restore notes (unless you are up to date with OS) and destroys your ability to sync over the air.

And Apple was fully aware of all this.

8. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Notes syncing was removed from the second generation iPod touch and the iPhone 3G with 4.1

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4191

(Just in case anyone hadn't seen the official article about it).

9. fraggot thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the heads up, although I fail to understand the reasoning behind it at all.

I mean I understand that they're a business but if the hardware is capable it seems easier to just allow it rather take the time to remove it.

10. Ever34 macrumors regular

Edit: should of read the last post before posting. :))