Notes will not sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouchfirst, Dec 20, 2009.

1. ipodtouchfirst macrumors newbie

I could not sync notes from my iPod Touch 1st gen, so I upgraded the iPod Touch software to 3.1.2. I still can't sync notes and now my notes does not work. I can see them, but they are all under the wrong title. If I add, change or delete, it does not save, but just jumps to the home screen.
    I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on my iMac, and my iTunes is 9.0.2. There is not a 'Notes' tab at the top of my iTunes screen, and the only place I know of any notes is in mail. I am using Mail 4.2 and am on Earthlink.
    1. Where should the 'Notes' be on my iMac?
    2. Do I have to use g-mail or mac-mail to sync notes.
    3. Shouldn't I have a 'Notes tab in my iTunes?
    Very confused (Help)?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I sync to iTunes with WinXP Pro and I'm SOL when it comes to backing up Notes. There is nothing (no Tab) on iTunes to reference them. It may be different on a Mac but IIRC there has been discussion on this topic here in the forums. I think that the verdict was that the Notes are on the device and if you want them backed up for other use, you should email them to yourself in the body of the email. That's what I've been doing and it's a PITA :( but it works.

Maybe someone else knows of something more that will help.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See above for where Notes are in iTunes. Outlook is used to sync notes on a PC. Notes are also contained in the backup.

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Well, that explains my situation. I don't use Outlook. ;)

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Might be time to get Microsoft Office, huh?

BTW, Windows Address Book can be used to sync Contacts (but no notes, or calendars).

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Gr-rr. I have Office 2003 (which comes with Outlook) on a different PC than the one I use for iStuffs. The PC for iStuffs has Office 2007 but Dell left Outlook out of the package, leaving users out in the cold unless they want to pay the additional $100 or so for it. :mad: