Notes

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Noteshelp, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Noteshelp macrumors newbie

after the latest iOS update, one particular note is missing from Google. Not in deleted, not in iCloud. Search comes up with “not found”. It’s an important note w/ data I don’t want to lose. By creating nites in google I thought id be safe. Any ideas? Thanks

2. willmtaylor, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

By “in Google,” I’m assuming you mean that you have multiple notes accounts on your iPad, and this particular note was associated with your Gmail account?
    • Did it get renamed?
    • Did you try search terms within the note?
    • Have you restarted your device?

3. Noteshelp thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi. Thanks fir replying....yes to all your questions!
    sorry. Didn’t finish reply....I have 3 Notes acts. iPad, iCloud, and google. I chlove caked the content of every note in case it got renamed. I only searched the note title so I’ll try content keywords next (good tip) and yes I restarted both iPad and iPhone.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 2, 2018 ---
    OMG. I read some other threads so did a search in my EMAIL and there it was. Wtf? So I’m happy I found it but I don’t understand why it ended up there?

4. Peterpunis1, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018

Peterpunis1 macrumors newbie

Peterpunis1

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Google notes doesn't sync with the iOS or macOS Notes app in the same manner as iCloud or Exchange.

6. Peterpunis1 macrumors newbie

Peterpunis1

My Google note do. If you make sure you are writing into google on your IPad they will sync with google, if you write them into the Cloud they will go into the Cloud, if you write them just into the IPad itself they will be in the IPad and are backed up by iCloud if it is set up and functioning properly. To be extra safe if your notes are really important to you, after writing them into the selected venue, I would still copy and paste it in a message sent to myself directly from my email account.