Notfifications/Subscriptions not working

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ::Lisa::, Dec 17, 2007.

1. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Hi,

When I start a new thread and select in the options to subscribe to my thread it doesn't subscribe. I have to manually find my thread again by viewing my profile and seeing threads I've started then going to thread tools > subscribe.

Is it just me? I'll test again by subbing to this thread and seeing after if it's in my subbed threads. It's just this forum it happens to me on. I use other vBulletin forums and they're fine *shrug*

Thanks.

Editing to add - I added a subscription to this thread when posting it and again it wasn't in the subscribed threads I have, so again, I've had to manually go to thread tools and add a subscription.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Works here...

All 3015 of them.

Make that 3016...

3. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe I'm not being clear. Sorry. I don't mean when I reply. I have it set in my options NOT to subscribe to every thread I post in, so what I do when I start a thread that I want to sub to is go to the additional options and change that to either 'instant' or 'no email notification' but when I start new threads and do that, it doesn't subscribe me... if that makes sense?

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

^^

I see what you're trying to get at. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way around that, because when you create a thread, you are considered a poster in it as well. By disabling the automatic subscription, you've prevented automatic subscriptions to your own threads. :(

The only thing I can think of is if you remember to subscribe to each thread after you create it. :shrugs: Sorry.

5. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for replying but in VB software you are able to disable that but when you post a new topic there is an option to subscribe to it (pic attached) which I do, but then it fails to subscribe me to the thread anyway and I still have to do it manually.

It's a hard one to explain isn't it? I hope the screen cap speaks a 1,000 words. I use other VB forums and this works fine one them, just here. It's OK if it doesn't ever work, just a little annoying kwim?

Attached Files:

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Oh! Now I see what you mean. :eek:

Huh...that is funny. It should work AFAIK. Perhaps there's a bug or something. Don't worry, Arn or Doctor Q will be around soon to tell us what's what. :)

7. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks ever so much. It's a tough one to explain, given, and I'm not the best of people in trying to explain things lol. Thanks again. I hope it can be fixed soon.

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm gonna stick my head in the sand since I don't know why that is happening to you.

But I'll look for clues here in the sand.

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

10. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I would just like to reiterate the frustration of selecting subscribe when posting a new thread, only to then go to my subscribed thread and see that I have not been subscribed, thus forcing me to once again go in and manually subscribe to the thread. The point being, it has been some time since we reported this issue and while I know there are other matters to attend to, I was hoping there might have been some progress on this matter. Efforts by MR Admin to further look into this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.