Nothing but issues............

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulie6978, Jul 19, 2010.

1. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

in the time since i downloaded the new i0s 4.0.1 software ive had terrible service as well as dropped called etc....

im really starting to get frustrated with all of this.... anyone else having issues???:confused:

i couldnt wait to get the dam thing now im just about over this dam phone

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

4.0 has been buggy in general. I'm really looking forward to 4.1, hopefully by then most of the buggs would have ironed out.

3. ddavid macrumors regular

Have you had AT&T previously? Have you had reception issues before? Which phone did you have?

I've owned 3 iPhones and I must say that the iPhone 4 gets the best reception - for me. Are you dropping calls when you are not holding the phone or with a case? Have you talked to Apple or AT&T? Replaced the phone?

4. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I have not noticed any changes at all, other than having fewer bars now than before. Data speed is the same. I have not yet lost a call since getting the phone.

5. 101AirAssault macrumors member

I find my 4 is better than all my previous iPhones. Reception, speed, everything. I am glad I got it and will continue to love it.

6. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

I regretted upgrading to 4.0.1 on my 3Gs.

But not with my iPhone 4... Hahah. 3Gs is now a guinea pig

7. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Where can I get some dam bait?

8. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

No problem here. Best phone I have ever owned. Try restoring as a new phone.

9. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

The only difference you should notice on the 4.0.1 is the bar displayed for the signals, not performance related issues.

At work my iPhone 4 was getting full signal at ground level and underground level, when I updated to 4.0.1 I started to get 4 sometimes 5 bars upstairs and usually 3 or 2 bars downstairs.

When I tried to do the "death grip" before I sometimes would have drop a bar upstairs and I dropped 2/3 bars downstairs. Now if I do the grip I hardly drop a bar downstairs and none upstairs.

There are areas where I can replicate the drop and area where I cannot. I use a bumper, and To do my test I had to take that off. But anyway I am happy with it and I haven't a dropped a call yet.

10. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

4.0.1 doesn't affect reception. You're conditioned by the ridiculous press and blowhards. Don't like it - return it. Get something else that is 100% perfect. When you find it, let us know. :cool:

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're that frustrated by the phone, return it. I'm not trying to sound harsh but why not return it and be done with it. You can then find a different phone that suits your needs or even a used 3Gs

12. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

This !

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Of course, it did one thing and only one thing. Changed the heuristics on computing signal strength. Its now more accurate and showing less bars.

14. eddy64 macrumors regular

I have a 3gs, at work, I always had 5 bars of 3G. yesterday I upgraded to 4.0.1. Now I understand that the display is different, but now I just have "no service" and I can't use the internet at all. I used to be able to listen to iheartradio all day.....wtf.....apple is pissing me off....