Nothing happens when I try to write a review in the app store.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Olivia23, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I have the iPhone 6 Plus. I wanted to write a review in the app store on an app I bought. After I click on the stars to rate it then tap to start writing, all I get is an empty white space and no words show up.

I did find an existing review I wrote along time ago. I can backspace and change my review but once again I cannot see any words to backspace. I can tell it's erasing it though and I can type my edited review but I'm guessing at it since I cannot see any words and I can click send and then read my edited version but I cannot type a new review.

2. brianjsw macrumors member

This is because you are using a third party keyboard. Apple screwed up and the App Store review editor is invisible unless you use the stock keyboard. Considering they failed to fix this bug with iOS 8.1 it may never be fixed.

3. brianjsw macrumors member

Nothing happens when I try to write a review in the app store.

Yep... 8.1.1 is out and they are still clueless over at Apple and haven't fixed the bug in their third party keyboard support.

They also have a worse issue in Spotlight where more often than not the keyboard won't show up. Really expect better from Apple.