Nothing Important

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DrammaticUser, Dec 11, 2018.

1. DrammaticUser, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  2. JPack macrumors 601

JPack

If you have a single crack, Apple might do a warranty replacement.

If you have multiple cracks like in this case, the chances are much lower and Apple may ask you to pay the $549 out of warranty replacement fee.

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I'd say you’ll need to pay $549.. No way to prove to them that the drop didn’t cause the charging problem even though it was having the issue before.. A case on such an expensive phone is a smart insurance policy...

4. DrammaticUser thread starter macrumors newbie

But as I said, before dropping, I talked to Apple Turkey and spoke of this charging issue. Would not it be a proof?

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

There likely isn't a way for them to know whether or not the drop happened before or after you talked to them about the issue. There's what you say and your word, but that would come down on them believing that or not, having nothing else to go on basically.

6. JPack macrumors 601

JPack

How does that prove when those cracks appeared?

Apple doesn’t want to repair cracked devices for free because they believe the charging issue may be caused by the drop.

7. DrammaticUser thread starter macrumors newbie

If there will be something to be proved, I would think about it. But would it change something if they believe me ? What would happen then

8. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Try but don’t be surprised if you send them the phone and they return it to you and tell you they can’t do anything with the phone because it’s has exterior damage.. They do it all the time, many threads about Apple refusing to touch the phone because of broken/cracked displays, rear glass, water damage... As I said you could of avoided all of this by using a case, you’re fault completely for the situation your in. No one on this forum can authorize the replacement, that’s Apple’s call and you’re at their mercy..