Nothing on Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Jan 6, 2009.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Kinda disappointing we heard not a single word.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Completely agreed. A lot of people were waiting on this, but isn't their release schedule usually around March?

3. Pees330 macrumors 6502

I could see Apple having an event in the coming months to show off Snow Leopard and updates to the hardware line. At this event they could set a firm release date (possibly around WWDC).

4. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Yup... Disappointed too...I also hoped to see an update to iphone but still...

5. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Delayed delayed delayed. Snow Leopard is delayed until next January.

*runs*

(joking btw) :p

I hope so too. That event would have iMac and Mac mini updates too, and late February is a likely time for the event, if it will happen. For those holding out for the 28" iMac and Nehalem Mac Pro rumor, I'd say an event is a good time for it (show "revolutionary" cooling systems etc.). Also, the LED ACDs (recently rumored to be pushed back) can see an appearance at that event.

6. stomer macrumors 6502a

October is were I'd put my money. I can't see Snow Leopard being released this Spring. We've not even got to the point where there are weekly developer releases. So I'd say that SL is, at the very least, 6 months away.

7. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

Didn't they say they were much further advanced with it than initially thought and they'd release it before windows 3.11?

8. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

One of the reasons I think they're pulling out of MacWorld is the fact that they are expected to time big announcements with these things and when they don't there's a reverberation. I wouldn't be surprised if SL is announced sometime in March...

9. rrr macrumors member

Given the idea that Snow Leopard is not about flashy new features, but rather about efficiency, stability, speed, and under-the-hood architecture, I would imagine that it is not the best subject for a demo at a consumer show.

10. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

LOL!

jW

11. synagence macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing they'll do everything they can to ship it before Windows 7 which is looking more an more like a Q3/Q4 09 release.

They'll want to have their new OS out before MS gets theirs out and try and get a few more switchers

12. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, I think Apple really doesn't care. They didn't bother changing the schedule for Leopard to line up nicely with Vista, I think they're just not concerned by anything Microsoft wants to do.

jW

13. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

i agree. They're more concerned about getting out a product which doesn't embarrass them on release (i.e. the way Vista did). I still foresee a March/April date though.

14. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

*coughMobileMecough*

I say WWDC, like Steve said... because that's all we know.