"Nothing to Undo" message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kahalu'u Bob, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

From time to time when I pull my iPhone out of my pocket, it starts up with a message box on the screen that says "Nothing to Undo," then I need to hit cancel to get rolling. I'm not trying to "undo" anything, and I never get this message at an appropriate time, so I haven't been able to figure out where it is coming from or why. (Happened on my 3G, now happening on my iP 4).

Can someone tell me what is causing this? Any suggestions on how to avoid it?
    Thanks!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Your phone is getting jostled in your pocket
    Shaking the phone gives the "undo" command
    If there is nothing to undo, you get the message

3. beaner454 macrumors regular

You're shaking your iPhone.

[​IMG]

4. Kahalu'u Bob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

Excellent explanation! Thanks! I didn't realize shaking the phone was an "undo" command. I've never tried to use that, and didn't know it existed.

Thanks, all, for solving a mystery!

5. teezee09 macrumors member

Is there a way to remove this 'feature'? I've never had an issue with it until the upgrade to ios4 and iP4. I'm a pretty antsy person, but I don't see how I can be shaking the phone enough to prompt that popup every time I simply pick up the phone.

6. tombee macrumors member

7. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Hate this feature also... Ever get a text message while doing a run that you want to respond to now but don't want to stop your run either? Besides not being able to enter your own words into the spell check dictionary this is possibly the worst.

8. CanucksRock macrumors member

At the very least - this message should not appear when your not in a text box! I get that all the time too - where its locked, and has the Nothing to Undo button showing.

9. danno1769 macrumors member

This is very annoying

Is there anyway to disable this because it happens often when even just setting it down on the desk after a text.

10. pooryou macrumors 65816

Shaking is not really a good input method, I expect better from Apple.