nothing to undo

Discussion in 'iPad' started by frunkis54, Nov 30, 2010.

1. frunkis54, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i know this is a issue alot of people have with their iphones me included but i never have had it happen on my ipad. Ever since i upgraded to 4.2 i see it on my ipad ever once in a while. anyone else?

2. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Occasionally on iPhone but never on iPad (so far).

3. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

The iPhone and iPad have a "Shake to Undo" feature; this means that when shook, it will undo the last action (eg in Word Processor apps). You may just be accidentally shaking it and this message appears because there is nothing to undo. I believe you can turn this off in settings.

4. Ksane macrumors regular

Yea, I figured that one out by accident :) Finally narrowed it down and realized when I'd give it a shake that message would come up. It's not a 4.2 thing though, I've got 3.2.1

5. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

Yeah, I believe this was an iOS 3 feature that came along with Copy/Paste. Poorly implemented, IMO, especially for the iPad. If you're typing with it on the table, you have to pick it up and shake to undo?

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Tap the numbers key, and an "undo" key shows up next to the left shift key (which is now a symbols key). Tap the symbols key, and a "redo" key shows up. No need to shake at all. In fact, I wish they'd just get rid of "shake to undo" on the iPad, totally impractical on such a big device.