Noticable Changes to 02 Network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulobrad, Oct 7, 2007.

1. paulobrad macrumors regular

Just thought I'd share my experiences of what I'd noticed about my 02 connection here in the UK since the big announcement they had the iPhone.

Here in Ipswich I was browsing the web on my Nokia E65 and for the first time ever noticed I was on the EDGE network, pretty good news for me, 02 was known for not having great EDGE coverage but looks like they've definitely got it going in my area.

Also, when connecting to the net I get a list of access points to choose from, I always used to get "02 MMS", "02 Mobile Web" and "02 WAP GPRS" but just today noticed a new one - "02 WAP GPRS Streaming". Now my instinct was this might have something to do with the YouTube streaming in the iPhone, but GPRS? Surely that would be at EDGE speed, but then I think I'm right in thinking EDGE is just a software upgrade in the network of GPRS so it's possible.

Anyway, just my observations, roll on Nov 9th!!! :D

2. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

That's nothing new added by the network - that must have been there previously since those profiles are not downloaded over the air like that.

-Leemo