Notice a difference in mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clg82, Jul 21, 2010.

1. clg82 macrumors 6502

I have been noticeing a lot lately that I am not receiving my "push" and "fetch" notifications as quickly as I used to. Sometimes i'll get them hours later....anyone else notice an increase in the amount of lag time for mail? And before you ask, I have my fetch set to every 15 minutes as well.....

2. Insilin1i macrumors regular

Iv been noticing this to, on my Mac ill get the emails showing up but they only show up on the iphone if I go directly to the mail app and let it load. Sometimes it works I'll have to test it.

3. rufus247 macrumors member

Is there any way to fix this? Mine has not been pushing to my phone for about 2 weeks now. I have the iPhone 4. Its quite frustrating. I have restarted it and synched it. The only thing I haven't done is restore it, but considering the phone is only a couple weeks old and I did not restore from backup, I feel like I shouldn't have to do this.

4. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

I've had similar things happen. Sometimes they'll show up super late and other times they'll show up the moment I get them. I always wondered if I had it set to manual and open in Multi-tasking if it would keep refreshing.

Here's another question. For those that use Push for email w/ MobileMe does it push all of the mail for you at the same time or just your Me account? On 3.1.3 I vaguely remember being able to set each account up how I wanted it. I had to turn Push off because it was pushing my Yahoo/Google Groups messages instantly.

5. clg82 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm glad that i'm not the only one that is having this problem....Sometimes actually most of the time, I have to open up the mail program just for it to show I have some. For example I have already had 3 replies to this post but haven't received an email notification on my iphone.....but if i push the mail button I guarantee I have mail in there.......wonder what the problem is?

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Just reading on the Apple discussion site that others are reporting very similar issues. One person was told by Apple to turn off notifications, restart the phone, and turn them on again..... it worked for 1/2 day then the problems returned.

7. rufus247 macrumors member

I was just playing with my Push settings, then decided to reset the settings to default and go from there. This made my iPhone restart. Now I am getting my emails as they arrive, but I'm not sure how long this will last.

8. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

I have been recieving pushed mail, even with push off. Has anyone else been having this issue?

9. clg82 thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL I just did what you suggested, and turned the phone back on and now I am receiving them correctly but push and fetch is off lol......must be a glitch or something.

10. digbyp macrumors regular

On my iPhone 3g with iOS 4.1 beta, with Exchange email, I am still noticing emails arrive pretty much immediately, if not before on desktop, but if I delete from desktop Outlook, it does not get deleted on iPhone until I open email, wait while connecting and then it rmoves the email.

So only seems 1 way sync (push) at present

11. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

That's happened to me quite a few times.