Noticeably Difference in 5s 32gb vs. 64gb Cameras

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sunsetblow, May 25, 2015.

1. sunsetblow macrumors regular

sunsetblow

Gah *Noticeable Difference

Has anyone experienced this? When I put the 32 and 64 side by side, same angle, same focus, the 64 picks up significantly less vibrant colors and even seems blurred out a bit compared to the 32.

This can't be a manufacturer thing, right, since all the lenses are the same across storage versions.

2. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

Haven't noticed this across 5s models. Could be a defect on the 64 or some of the camera app settings are different than the other 5s.

3. Apples n' Stone macrumors 65816

Apples n' Stone

I can't be sure, but believe the quality of the camera in my 64GB 5S depreciated slightly and the differencebetween it and the 6 Plus camera I thought would be small in most cases. But the difference is quite big, this could be a fault that develops over time.

4. sunsetblow thread starter macrumors regular

sunsetblow

Thanks. That's true. Could be a faulty unit... hmm. I've never seen any news on this being widespread though.

What camera app settings could possibly affect that?

Just natural wear and tear? That's a bummer.

5. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

When you take a picture there are three round overlapping circles located on the bottom right, clicking on them brings up a menu that affects the final picture as it offers 9 different settings. Take a look and let us know!

6. sunsetblow thread starter macrumors regular

sunsetblow

No, it's not any of that filtering stuff that's causing a problem :( what a bummer.

7. nordique macrumors 65816

Most likely a faulty unit

Not sure if its worth anything, but I have a 16GB and 64GB 5s with me right now and their camera's look identical, and take identical pictures

OP, perhaps take pictures and upload them? Or share them with us - maybe it appears worse, yet when uploaded on computer they are the same? Try taking them at the same time under the same lighting conditions

8. Apples n' Stone macrumors 65816

Apples n' Stone