Noticeably Difference in 5s 32gb vs. 64gb Cameras

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sunsetblow, May 25, 2015.

1. sunsetblow macrumors regular

sunsetblow

Gah *Noticeable Difference

Has anyone experienced this? When I put the 32 and 64 side by side, same angle, same focus, the 64 picks up significantly less vibrant colors and even seems blurred out a bit compared to the 32.

This can't be a manufacturer thing, right, since all the lenses are the same across storage versions.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Haven't noticed this across 5s models. Could be a defect on the 64 or some of the camera app settings are different than the other 5s.

3. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

I can't be sure, but believe the quality of the camera in my 64GB 5S depreciated slightly and the differencebetween it and the 6 Plus camera I thought would be small in most cases. But the difference is quite big, this could be a fault that develops over time.

4. sunsetblow thread starter macrumors regular

sunsetblow

Thanks. That's true. Could be a faulty unit... hmm. I've never seen any news on this being widespread though.

What camera app settings could possibly affect that?

Just natural wear and tear? That's a bummer.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

When you take a picture there are three round overlapping circles located on the bottom right, clicking on them brings up a menu that affects the final picture as it offers 9 different settings. Take a look and let us know!

6. sunsetblow thread starter macrumors regular

sunsetblow

No, it's not any of that filtering stuff that's causing a problem :( what a bummer.

7. nordique macrumors 6502a

Most likely a faulty unit

Not sure if its worth anything, but I have a 16GB and 64GB 5s with me right now and their camera's look identical, and take identical pictures

OP, perhaps take pictures and upload them? Or share them with us - maybe it appears worse, yet when uploaded on computer they are the same? Try taking them at the same time under the same lighting conditions