Noticed? Apple removed references to Snow Leopard from homepage

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rpp3po, Aug 22, 2009.

1. rpp3po macrumors regular

Neither a mention on "apple.com/" nor "apple.com/mac". Only when you directly follow "apple.com" -> "Mac" -> "Mac OS X" you get there. Both the homepage and the Mac page used to contain references.

Looks like soft-pedaling to me; maybe they have monitored the public reaction to the GM, which was mixed throughout all media, and that's their reaction. I wouldn't wonder about a "website-only" release of SL in late August.

2. IT-Pro macrumors regular

It might be because Apple wants to have focus on these FCC questions which they've answered yesterday. I remember the lower pictures on the Apple homepage were changing each time you'd refresh the page.

3. rpp3po thread starter macrumors regular

That's true. But even repeated refreshing doesn't bring Snow Leopard back, now. It was already before the FCC story, I have just waited with posting this until I was sure.

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

5. rpp3po thread starter macrumors regular

In my homeland, Germany, too. This is only on the US/international page so far.

6. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Well the SL part is the oldest bit of news. More recent news came and shifted it along. It doesn't matter, because when it's released it'll come back.

The FCC thing is going all around the news. It's worth putting it on their front page.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It does look like the FCC questions replaced one of the spots. However, I find it hilarious that they're advertising this crap like it's the latest machine.

8. TranceNW macrumors regular

What crap :confused:

9. doctoree macrumors 6502

The childish FCC Crap questions

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The "we gave some cryptic answers to questions that the FCC doesn't really need to be asking and, honestly, 99% of all iPhone users don't give a **** about this."

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The fact that they put the FCC stuff on their home page shows they know that it's getting traction outside of forums like this one. No one would ever have guess they put that on their home page in a million years.