Noticed something interesting in the SDK Keynote...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AREM, Mar 6, 2008.

1. AREM macrumors newbie

Nothing major, but the iTunes and the Calculater icons were different on the iPhone that they were using.

I couldn't find any screen caps, but I'll keep looking.

2. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Yeah I noticed that and that instead of saying AT&T it said "Carrier" at one point... probably nothing though.

3. JPT macrumors regular

The Carrier picture is from XCode which creates a virtual iPhone. Since the iPhone is on multiple carriers in different countries it's best just to put "Carrier" instead of AT&T or someone else.

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

this was noted in a previous thread

5. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

It may also be worth pointing out that the safari app icon has been replaced with the proprietary installer icon.

6. eightseventhree macrumors newbie

i also noticed that he said that it will work on ALL iphones so its either that there will be a new phone out or that these apps will work on Jail broken ones

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

A jailbroken iPhone is not counted as an iPhone. They will run on all iPhones that are running the official software. As soon as you jailbreak an iPhone its not genuine.

8. mhuk01 macrumors 6502

i can see what you're trying to say, but still think it's bull s**t. I payed £300 for an unlocked iphone in order to save a massive £25 p/m on my phone bill (I'm on £10 p/m contract with unlimited internet!)

I have next to me a genuine apple iphone. It was made by apple, has the majority of features created by apple and has the apple logo. That, my friend, is a genuine iphone. Just because I choose not to get ripped off by overpriced tariffs doesn't mean I don't have a genuine iphone. I do, however, accept that I cannot assume these new apps will work straight away on my unlocked jailbroken iphone (I'll just have to wait a few weeks for someone to work out how to get round it :D )