Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
I ordered two Lightening to USB cables on announcement day. I noticed just moments ago that Apple just charged my credit card the full amount. I expect that it will go to ship status any minute now. Looks like the first new items are on there way. :D

I also purchased some generic silicon cases at my local Verizon store today to be prepared until the nice custom cases are released.

UPDATE: Status: Now preparing for Shipment.

Last edited:

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
I ordered two Lightening to USB cables on announcement day. I noticed just moments ago that Apple just charged my credit card the full amount. I expect that it will go to ship status any minute now. Looks like the first new items are on there way. :D

I also purchased some generic silicon cases at my local Verizon store today to be prepared until the nice custom cases are released.

After I saw this thread, I checked and sure enough my cables are on the way too, they are being prepared for shipment just like yours. Hopefully they are being shipped in the same package that the phone is being shipped, so I only have to wait for FedEx, or UPS, not both.

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
I think the cables that since they are cheaper items that they will arrive without requiring an adult signature. But I will keep an eye on them once they get it in a shipper's tracking system.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Glad to hear that. My two cables are still expected to deliver before October 15th, so hopefully they'll ship earlier.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
After I saw this thread, I checked and sure enough my cables are on the way too, they are being prepared for shipment just like yours. Hopefully they are being shipped in the same package that the phone is being shipped, so I only have to wait for FedEx, or UPS, not both.

Definitely won't be in the same package, or even from the same place.

conan-kun

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
Ohio, USA
Mine shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

Ironic since even though I preordered the iPhone 5 from AT&T at 3:30am eastern on Friday, I still don't know if I will get the phone this friday, but at least I'll have an extra cable! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.