Noticed this small glitch? In iOS or iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randomerratum, Jul 19, 2010.

1. randomerratum macrumors 6502

I noticed this on my iPhone 4 just the other day and didn't think much of it. Then I was using my wife's iPhone 4 and the issue seemed to jump right out at me.... now I can't ignore it! :rolleyes: Is this a glitch in iOS4 or the iPhone 4?

When using a lighter background on your home screen, I notice a quick flicker in the background when swiping back from screen 2 to screen 1... it's pretty slight, and is more noticeable the lighter the background is. It doesn't happen on any of the other screens, nor coming back out of Spotlight.

Obviously not a big deal- I usually have a dark background up anyway but I'm just curious if other people are seeing it.

EDIT: oh yeah, obviously it's an iOS 4 thing since we didn't even have wallpaper before... duh.

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

"iPhone 4 possibly causes Seizures when flipping between pages!"

- Gizmodo

3. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

I think it is from briefly going into the search screen which is darker back to the home screen.

4. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I see this too. It only happens when going from the second page to the first.

5. randomerratum thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I was thinking it could be... Like it's 'rubber banding' just a bit and dimming the screen just a hair... it just feels like more of a glitch to me and I hope they clean it up at some point...

...or, as a video technician, maybe I'm just overly conditioned to this kind of stuff jumping out at me.