Notification and control center glitch

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by andrewsjra, Dec 1, 2014.

1. andrewsjra macrumors regular

After doing a reset all settings to get rid of some bugs I've exoerienced on iOS 8.1.1, I experienced something else. I tried to swipe up to access my camera from the home screen and nothing happened. I tried a few more times and nothing. I tried swiping down for notification center and nothing. It didn't resond on the home screen or within apps. The funny thing is it worked when my phone was locked. I did a reboot and it fixed the issue. Later that day it happened again. I decided not to reboot and just wait and see if it corrected itself. After a few hours it started working again. Anyone else experience this? I'm running 8.1.1.

2. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Try the following 2 steps .. Unrelated completely but may help u..

1.turn off and restart after a minute..
    2. Drain your battery once every month from 100 to 0 till it turns off, and then complete charge it till 100 in one go..

3. andrewsjra thread starter macrumors regular

I usually do that once or twice a month. I read some people on the apple forums experiencing this issue. Didn't start happening to me until I got 8.1.1 running. Hopefully 8.2 will squash many of these bugs

4. heycal macrumors 6502a

Yes, I've had two different iphone 6's now, and both had this happen. Had to reboot each time to get it working again.