Notification badge for app store updates doesn't clear after updating

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by medgirl2001, Nov 1, 2014.

1. medgirl2001 macrumors regular

After updating apps on my iPhone or iPad by syncing to iTunes, the notification badge on the device does not clear. In the App Store app, instead of saying Update, it says Open, but the apps are listed under "Available Updates."

If I update by downloading directly to the phone, this doesn't happen. If updates for other apps come out, the original ones disappear but the same problem happens with the new updates.

iOS 8.1 didn't help. For now I've turned off the notification badge for apps. (I don't like updating directly to the phone because I don't like the list of updated apps or the blue dots).

Does anyone have a solution for this? It seems like a problem that has happened on and off to people with earlier versions of iOS as well. I submitted a bug report but would love a way to fix this.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I believe this is an iTunes 12 issue as others (including all 5 of my devices) have it also.

3. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I noticed the same thing on my iPad, but there's no problem on my iPhone. It's annoying to have the badge stuck at 16 even though all of the apps have been updated.

4. sethlution macrumors regular

I don't know if this will help, but have you tried tapping the update tab repeatedly for like 10 times to force it to refresh?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The update option is gone, only the open option remains