Notification banners not working?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ross1998, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys I've had this problem since beta 1 and I was wondering if maybe there is something I haven't enabled or there is a known fix.

Whenever my screen is on and I'm doing something and I get a notification or text message I don't get any alert. My phone doesn't show the banner nor vibrates. I checked in the notification settings and messages are set to banner alert which is what I want.

2. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Same here. Tried turning on and off banner settings. It's especially worrying that I don't get them for messages. Is this a bug or a "feature"? :confused:

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

So is this for all notifications? Still happens in beta 4?

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

This was a bug that came about in B3 and was resolved in B4, at least for me. Messages was the only app affected in my case.

5. xpower180 macrumors regular

xpower180

I had this issue with my iPad. Toggling the do not disturb schedule button seemed to be the fix in my case...

6. ross1998 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes for all notifications, except I was able to somehow get a Facebook notification banner, but never works for messages for me even in beta 4

7. ross1998 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just tried it and still nothing,

8. emckai macrumors regular

Try going to General -> Reset all Settings (not content and settings) and see if that fixes the issue.

If it bothers you that much, try doing a CLEAN INSTALL of iOS 7 Beta 4. Don't restore from a backup because that may carry-over the existing issue.
    If you cannot do a CLEAN INSTALL because you are not a developer or your UDID is not register, I suggest you register your UDID (About $8) or become a developer ($99).

Good luck!

9. saucyp macrumors newbie

Okay so I've been having this problem with my messages for about 2 weeks now (I have the iPhone 6S version 9.1)

*P.S I'm not sure if my other notifications weren't working cause I only use my message nofications*

and I tried restarting my phone a bunch of times, along with turning the banner and alert notifications on and off, and NOTHING worked. I feel ridiculous tho because in a last ditch effort, I completely turned off my message notifications all together and then turned them back on and now they work! Idk if this will help or work for anyone else but I thought I should let you guys know :)

10. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Thanks, two year ago us appreciates it.