Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adversus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
Portland, OR
Hey folks -

My work laptop is a rMBP and it's connected via HDMI to an Asus 27" display. For orientation, I have my laptop screen on the left. I use my 27" as my primary display during work hours with the rMBP as the second screen (IM, Email, Music).

My question is how can I get notification center to show notifications on my external display, I don't see an option to tell Notification center which display to push the notifications to?

iubhounds

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2010
I'm not having that problem with two monitors. My iMac is my 2nd monitor and a 27 Apple Monitor is my main display. The main display shows the Notifications.

One thing is does do that I haven't figure out why yet ... at each start up the desktop picture of the 27" Monitor moves to my iMac and then shows a picture I used about 6 months ago as my desktop. So I have to change the background picture every time I do a startup.

adversus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
Portland, OR
Right, it appears the only way you can change which screen Notifications appear is by designating a "main" display.

I want the ability to tell Notifications to go into a particular display, regardless if it's the "main" one or not.

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
Right, it appears the only way you can change which screen Notifications appear is by designating a "main" display.

I want the ability to tell Notifications to go into a particular display, regardless if it's the "main" one or not.
Has anyone figured if there is a way to do this? I want to keep my external my main display but have notifications show on iMac which is to my right. (Logically that would be where notification center should be if you ask me even w 2 monitors).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.