Notification Banners

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wepiii, Apr 28, 2015.

1. wepiii macrumors 6502

For some reason, I am not getting notifications sent to my watch if I disable "banners" in the notification settings on my phone (Even if I enable custom notifications in the watch settings). I don't like the banners when I am using my phone. I prefer a sound and a badge icon only. Has anyone found a way to get notifications on the watch while the phone screen is not on, if you choose to disable banners on the phone?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Did you give your phone enough time to "lock"? Screen off does not mean the phone is locked. Give it a minute before you test it.

3. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I know with the Pebble banners had to be enabled to get the notifications. I assumed it was the same with this. I only get notifications for apps I have banners enabled for.

4. wepiii thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I did unfortunately. On my phone at least, it is not possible to have banners off on your phone, and any sort of notification come to your watch. Considering the watch has the option for separate, custom notification options, I am hoping this is just a bug.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

what if you turn off the "mirror iphone" option under the notfication setting on the watch? same?

6. wepiii thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it still doesn't come to the watch even with "mirror iPhone" deselected and all the other options selected. But that does make me think this is more of a bug and not intended behavior. Otherwise what would the custom options be for

7. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

This is my guess. I bet you have to have banners on. I haven't really tested it with banners set to off, but I am also coming from a pebble so I thought this would be the case.