Notification Center allows quick Tweet or Post to Facebook, but not text

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by utwarreng, Sep 12, 2012.

1. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

:mad:

No quick compose/quick reply for texting is simply a ridiculously stupid oversight, and completely inexcusable. The jailbreak community has been doing this seamlessly since iOS 4 (that I know of; could have been earlier). How has Apple not realized the demand for this yet!?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I don't understand.

1. The iMessage app is very commonly on the shortcut bar at the bottom of the screen. Easier to tap there than to swipe down notification center.

2. Notification center, one tap on the conversation you want o quick reply to, take you straight to that person in iMessage for you to reply.

What are you talking abouT!?

3. utwarreng thread starter macrumors 6502

utwarreng

Look at IntelliscreenX's integrated quick message system, where you can reply to a text or compose one without ever leaving whatever app you're in. It just overlays the app, and disappears as soon as you either dismiss the text or send your reply. I don't want quick reply/compose to actually take me into the Messages app, I want it to just overlay briefly and then disappear once the message has been sent/dismissed.

4. RayK macrumors 6502

I agree, it would be nice to have the interface adapted for iMessage. It makes sense anyway. iOS 7? .... or jailbreak...

5. utwarreng thread starter macrumors 6502

utwarreng

Sadly, it'll most likely be just jailbreak. They've repeatedly ignored simple features like this and better group messaging/emailing, which leads me to believe that there's no hope in sight.

6. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

Both of the things you describe involve leaving the app you are currently using, and switching to the iMessage app.

App switching—at least on the iPad 3—is still very slow. Nothing like alt/cmd-tabbing between apps on a computer, there is a wait of several seconds before your app becomes responsive again.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lame. i text more than twitter(never) or facebook(close to never)

8. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

the instant text

Having that shortcut in notification center would be amazing. Also customizable gestures and a DAMN power center to control connections/brightness.