Notification center doesn't clear app badge?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Dreamliner330, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

I have an iPhone 5 and recently jumped from JB iOS 6.1.2 to JB iOS 7.1.2. I have a iPhone 6 coming Friday so I wanted to see what iOS is like without JB.

I notice without JB when I clear something from the notification center, the badge app icon won't clear unless I open the app.

Is that right?

2. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. aidenh37, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

aidenh37 macrumors regular

Yes, that is right. It has always been that way.

To clear badges without JB, open the app and do what the app wants you for. For example, in Doodle Jump you have to view the News for the app before it will go away.

If you don't like badges, find a tweak on the Cydia store (you'll need to return to JB). There is heaps online!

4. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

With a completely stock (not JB) iPhone, how do you clear app badge icons?

5. aidenh37 macrumors regular

Do what the app wants you to. :eek:

6. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's insane.

So if Tapatalk alerts me to your quote, which it did, and I clear it from the notification center, which I did, and I used the computer to respond, which I did, I still have to open the Tapatalk app and go into the MacRumors forum for the app badge icon to clear? That is normal iPhone operation?

7. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anybody?

If I buy a iPhone 6 and can't clear app badge icons without opening the apps then I'll stick to iPhones I can Jailbreak (with JB, when you clear the item in the notification center, the badge icon goes away too). This is an enormous inconvenience that would destroy my user experience.

8. white4s macrumors 65816

9. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sold the iPhone 6, picked up a 5S, staying on 7.1.2 JB until an 8 JB shows up with a good deal on a iPhone 6.

Having said all that, I guess I could disable the app badge icon in settings, but I'd rather have JB.

I have a feeling the 5S will be 90% the speed of a 6, and I could care less about the size. I prefer the 5/5S form factor. :cool:

10. white4s macrumors 65816

i was on evasion 7.0.6 before ios8 came out so i updated to pangu 7.1.2, it's much much better. no plans on going to 8 unless it get's jailbreaked

yea the 5s is the perfect fit for me so i'm not too thrilled about the 4.7, i wish apple didn't cave in to this big screen ******** era. it's not needed it's just a ****ing phone. there's tablets for that