Notification Center & games

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by djr7572, Nov 24, 2012.

1. djr7572, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012

djr7572 macrumors regular

Regarding turn-based games such as Words with Friends, Scramble with Friends, etc -- I would say that at least 9 times out of 10, Notification Center still shows that I have a turn waiting even after I've already taken my turn. I'm having to go into Notification Center and clear the notification manually almost every single time and it's frustrating. Theoretically, the notification should simply disappear after you've taken your turn. I thought it may be an issue with Notification Center wanting you to access the game through Notification Center, rather than just opening the app - but I'm still having the issue, regardless. Then, there's times I have the opposite problem - I have a turn waiting for me on a game and it's not in Notification Center at all!

This issue, for me anyway, only seems to be an issue with games. E-mails, texts, reminders, etc, are never an issue - they always disappear after they're acknowledged.

Is this a problem with Notification Center, or a problem with the games? This has been an issue for me ever since Notification Center was introduced.

2. djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

3. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

Notification Center is a bit glitchy. If I've tapped the notification, it's still there. I have to press the 'X' after to clear it.

I believe its a problem with Notification Center as it happens to me with Apps and E-Mails. But not aways, so I think its a small glitch that will likely be fixed in the next iOS update.

4. DarrenUK macrumors regular

DarrenUK

Happens to me also now and again on my iPad, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

5. BRyken macrumors 6502

I've noticed this too, I have to open the app for it to update and go away.

6. djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

Seems like such a simple concept but 9 times out of ten my Notification Center is worthless when comes to turn-based games. So, does the problem lie with the games or with Notification Center?