Notification Center getting in the way or scrollable lists?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabrieltck, Jun 15, 2011.

1. gabrieltck, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011

gabrieltck macrumors newbie

Hey all, has anybody noticed that the notification center conflicts with the iOS scroll to the top feature? In iOS 4.3.3 and below, whenever you're in a webpage or a twitter timeline and you need a quick way to scroll up, tapping the status bar would automatically bring back to the top of the page/list.

However, having recently installed the beta of iOS 5, whenever I bring down the notification center in a middle of a webpage, I inevitably get scrolled up to the top which wasn't my intention. Needless to say, it gets annoying after a while. I did find out that my flicking down quickly enough, it does sometimes bypass the scroll to the top feature, but not always.

Have any of you guys noticed this? I know beta is beta and Apple may fix this in the final build. However I fail to see how they will be able to solve this issue. I love the ability to quickly scroll to the top of a list as much as I love the new notification center. What are your opinions on this?

Excuse the typo in the thread title, it is supposed to say of, not or.

2. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

Happens all the time. I hate it.

I'm sure there are a few ways they can fix this.

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

That problem occurs when you are pulling down on the status bar (like in android). The iOS notifications system is designed to work by swiping down starting OFF the screen to the top. When I do it that way, I am not brought to the top of the webpage

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Yes it's quite annoying if you are reading from a long page and you want to scroll to the top. Hopefully it will be resolved in one of the updates!

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Yes, that would be quite annoying bug.

Since iOS 5 is a developer beta, have you submitted your bug finding yet?