Notification Center - Location Services/Battery Drain

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by thatsteez, Sep 12, 2013.

1. thatsteez macrumors newbie

Is there any way to rid weather and it's location services from notification center without turning off location services for the weather app completely? I've noticed the location services being activated randomly throughout the day. I'd rather not have this occur as it drains the battery fetching for data.

Thanks in advance!

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I highly doubt the weather app is draining your battery but if you like you can turn off the location services for weather completely and just manually add the cities you want to know the weather for. Be warned your today view will just show the day and no weather moving forward. You'd have to open the weather app to see the weather.

On a side note, Any time the white arrow shows up on your status bar (indicating location service is being used) if you can quickly go to location services and locate the app that has the purple arrow next to it. That's the app asking for location.

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

You could check Background App Refresh and make sure Weather is turned off there. That should keep it from updating throughout the day. Or you could turn off Today view in NC.