Notification center not sorting by time

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by joejoejoe, Jan 12, 2015.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Within the pat couple weeks Notification Center stopped sorting by time.

I even go into settings and switch the sort from time to manually and back to time which fixes the problem for a short period of time, but inevitably, Notification Center goes back to randomly sorting notifications.

Happening to anyone else? Is there a fix?

----------

I'm running 8.1.2

2. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm starting to realize most of my notifications stay in order, only certain apps get out of sync. I'm noticing mail is a major culprit.

Anyone else experience this?

3. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Apple defaults it to sorting manually or by time which I never noticed until now.. so thanks for telling me haha. I just clear/respond to everything when I see it.

4. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

Just updated to 8.1.3 and while the problem was fixed for a day it now goes back to randomly sorting my notifications.

I just got a new email and when I pulled down to reply, I had to sort nearly to the bottom of my notifications list to get to it.

I then went to settings and the option to sort notifications by time was in fact selected.

Driving me a little crazy here.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've been experiencing this since iOS 7 if not even 6 days. Basically it'll be sorted by time 80% of the time or so, but the rest of the time something will be off where something new will appear lower down than some old stuff (it happens more often when there are more notifications and from a few different apps).

6. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

7. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

still happening on 8.3.

should i restore? is there any negative to restoring whatsoever or will everything be the same?

thanks

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Things will be the same in this respect. This timing thing has been there for a long time and hasn't changed it seems, so restoring is certainly not going to make it any different.

9. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

restoring fixed it.

hooray.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

It'll likely show up again. It's something that's there and surfaces here and there. That is unless we are talking about different things here.