Notification center on lock screen

Andy2295

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Can anyone explain why we want the notification center on the lock screen? All our notifications appear on the lock screen anyways and we can swipe into them.

cmChimera

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2010
Can anyone explain why we want the notification center on the lock screen? All our notifications appear on the lock screen anyways and we can swipe into them.
Not all notifications appear on the lock screen, particularly if you turn them off. Plus, like mrapplegate said, it shows your calendar.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
And you can disable it if you want to and not have it on the lockscreen (just as is the case with Command Center). Options are good to have.

photogpab

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
i dont know if i'm the only one but my notification center doesnt show any of my calendar events. its just blank.

if i open the calendar app all my appointments / events are in there.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i dont know if i'm the only one but my notification center doesnt show any of my calendar events. its just blank.

if i open the calendar app all my appointments / events are in there.

The Today section has a very small summary of today and tomorrow (if you have those enabled) and then an actual piece of your calendar that shows the upcoming 4-6 hours from the present. So, if you don't have anything happening in the next 4-6 hours or so, you won't see anything there, in the actual calendar section (although you should still see a today and/or tomorrow summary, if you have those enabled).

Sometimes I've noticed the calendar view also gets stuck displaying information for yesterday, instead of today, which appears to be a bug--restarting the phone usually gets it back to normal.

Randysg7

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
Is there a reason why mine doesn't have the weather for the day like the rest, or just a bug?