Notification Center Pull-Down

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Zendokan, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Zendokan macrumors regular

Zendokan

Hello,

I just upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 on my iPad 2, but this hasn't solved a problem that I'm having since upgrading to iOS 6.

My Notification Center Pull-Down is very small:
    width is that 2 inches and it drops about 1 inch.

When I was using iOS 5, the Notification Center Pull-Down covered the complete screen of the iPad, but after upgrading to iOS 6 this changed.
    I thought that it was just a small bug, but with every upgrade of iOS (6.0.1/6.1/6.1.1/6.1.2/6.1.3), the bug remained.

Do others have this problem?
    Is there a solution (setting or so)?
    Is there a workaround?

Thank you all in advance.

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

NC on iPad has never taken up the full screen on iOS 6. I haven't used an iPad on iOS 5, so I'm not sure what you've seen. If it was full screen, then it was changed in iOS 6.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's not a bug. It's the way it is.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

On the iPad it only pulls down as far as it needs room to display the notifications or items in the notification center.

5. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

My iPad is still running iOS 5 and the notification center doesn't cover the whole screen. It never did. It can stretch close to the bottom depending on how many items there are, but width remains constant.

Are you sure you weren't running some kind of jailbreak tweak before?

6. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

That's the way it is on the iPad, i believe it never was fullscreen.

7. Zendokan thread starter macrumors regular

Zendokan

Thank you all for the information. Now I know that it isn't a bug.

Unfortunally I still remember that with the original iOS 5 (don't remember the specific subversion of iOS 5 that my iPad 2 was shipped with) that the Notification Center Pull-Down could cover the whole screen.

It was straight out of the box software, no tweaks and no jailbreak.

To be honest, at that time I didn't know that the Notification Center Pull-Down was a "Notification Center".
    I thought it was primairly a privacy screen Pull-Down that could show some data.
    I even remember that I removed all the Notifications from it and used it as a way to keep the content on my iPad "private" when I layed it on the table and I didn't wanted it to go in locked mode.
    It was a great feature at meetings.

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

NC on iPad has never covered the complete screen when pulled down (meaning width and length) on any iOS version, so you are mistaken. Apple should allow it though,,,,but it has never been that way. I think all iPad users here could confirm that too.

9. Zendokan thread starter macrumors regular

Zendokan

Sorry to say, but I think that I would know what I have experienced while using my iPad.

When I'm talking about the "NC", I'm meaning that grey pull-down that shows your Twitter, email and FB notifications.
    The same one that on an iPhone 4S covers the complete screen.

Well I remember very lively that it covered also the complete screen of my iPad2, because I have used it frequently just for the purpose of covering the screen.
    That is also the reason why I thought it was a bug when after upgrading to iOS6, I only saw that small pull-down patch.
    You have to have a reference to a previous state to determine if something could be a possible bug.

10. hektor5wolf macrumors member

I think you had a bug then! :confused:
    This is the notification on iOS 5 as advertised by Apple itself

[​IMG]

11. Zendokan thread starter macrumors regular

Zendokan

Thanks for the info.

Well, it was a bug that I wouldn't have mind to keep. :(